Saturday, March 6, 2010

Orange Birthday Windows








This is a card that we made at my last stamp camp. It could be modified for a variety of occasions, but this is for a birthday. I figured it is time I start showing you that I DO use other colors besides green and purple on my cards. ☺



To make this card, you'll need a template that you can make yourself--that is what we learned at the stamp camp. But, I'll share with you how to make your very own. Now, there are other ways to do this, but I thought this would be a fairly simple way to make more than one of these cards--not having to measure each time I want to make a card like this. This is the template:


To make the template, cut your template paper (I just used some old card stock that I had on hand) to the size of a card front--4 1/4"x 5 1/2". I used a ScorePal, but you could just use a ruler and pen to mark 1/4" from the long side and the short side. I put the edge on the 4" line and score on the 4 1/4" line. Using your 1 3/8" punch, punch out the corner, using the lines you just drew to guide you with your punch. After you get the corner punched, you'll need to draw lines 1/4" from the punched hole, in each direction. Again, I lined up the opening on the 4" line and marked on the 4 1/4" line or put the opening on the 4 1/4" line and marked on the 4" mark. After making the new lines, use them for your guide for the other two holes to punch and there you have your template. Put the template on your paper and punch through the template.
Hope this makes sense. I did take pictures of each step, but when I try to load them, they all go at the top of this post and I can't seem to get them down. If you have ideas of how to do this, please let me know.
Here's what I used to make the card:
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Whimsical Words (Inside)
Ink: Only Orange, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Only Orange, Whisper White
Accessories: 1 3/8" square punch, Dimensionals, White Taffeta ribbon
Until next time,
Laur






















































No comments:

Post a Comment