Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hoarded Paper Cards




Well, I did it. I pulled out my stash of "Pastel Prints" from the Stampin' UP! 2001-2002 catalog and the Designer Vellum from 2003-2004. Notice that practically EVERY sheet that it came with is still there!


I went to my ideas drawer and pulled out the first thing that I saw and it was this sketch. You know this is old because the current week is 126. This is from week 79. I guess this card was just meant to be!
I figured I could make something with these papers. Well, after awhile my juices got flowing and this is what I came up with:




Once I got started, I couldn't stop at one. After 2 cards, I was ready to make another one, but by then it was past 10 o'clock and time to get to bed.



Here's what I used:

Purple card
Stamps: Unfrogettable, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Lovely Lilac
Paper: Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace, Whisper White, Old Olive, Pastel Prints DP
Accessories: 2 way glue stick, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch (FREE, with $50 purchase before s/h), Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Sponges, Big Shot, Stampin' UP! Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder


Green Card
Stamps: Flutterbys, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Lovely Lilac
Paper: Lovely Lilac, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Pastel Prints DP, Designer Vellum
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Butterfly Punch, Wire, Dimensionals



I really like how the purple card turned out. I colored the dragonflies with Mellow Moss Marker and then Aqua Painted over them. That step (watering them) wasn't necessary and if I make more of them, I won't bother. I'll just lightly color them. I put glitter on the wings and it looks pretty cool in real life. I also lightly sponged Lovely Lilac on the Whisper White paper.
On the green card, I couldn't find any ribbon to match (I have a hard time with purples and reds matching, do you?) So, I made my own, sort of, out of paper.


Well, that's that for today. I really do need to do something around the house.

Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.


Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment