Thursday, February 18, 2010

On a roll . . .


The papers are still on my dining room table, BUT I have been using them, slowly but surely. This is a card I made , using Sketch Challenge 172 from www.splitcoaststampers.com. Again, I used a retired stamp set, as well as some brads that I bought at Hobby Lobby a while back. I'm generally too cheap to add embellishments, so I have drawers overflowing with them. I guess I really am a hoarder. Hopefully, I will get out of that mind set. God has blessed me with so much, the least I can do is share. In case you can't tell from the photo, I put Crystal Effects on the top of the mushroom. I also used the masking technique to make it look like the mushroom is in from of all the flowers. You do this by stamping your front image on your paper and stamping it again on a sticky note--making sure you get as much of your image where the sticky part is. Then, cut out your image on the sticky note and stick it to the image you stamped on you project. This covers your "good" image. Then, stamp your other images over the sticky note image. KEEP YOUR STICKY NOTE with your stamps so you don't have to keep making a mask every time. My mask looks kind of yucky but it works!
Here's what I used:
Stamps: Unfrogettable, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Old Olive, Lovely Lilac
Paper: Pastel Prints DP, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace
Accessories: Brads, Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Painter, Scallop Trim Border Punch, SU! Dimensionals, Crystal Effects
That's it for this card. Hope you get inspired to dig into your stash and make something with it instead of hoarding it.
Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment