Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My first post



After being asked numerous times, by various people, I have decided to give blogging a try. Why? I don't know. Maybe if I start little I'll stick with it and who knows? I might just open my own store. Maybe not. In the meantime, we'll see what happens.



The title of my blog says a lot. This blog will have Stamping stuff on it, as I am a Stampin' UP! demonstrator. In my mind I have planned tons of scrapbook pages, but reality doesn't quite add up. Perhaps with this blog I will put "feet" to my "ramblings in my mind." Then there is the "S'More" part. That will be the part that will allow me to share "s'more" stuff--my faith in Jesus, happenings in my life and whatever else comes up.




As I sit here and type this I am listening to Philips, Craig and Dean--I really enjoy listening to them. My favorite song of theirs, at the moment anyway, is "Counting on God" from their "Fearless" album.--I want Joy unspeakable the won't go away, and just enough strength to live for today, so I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring because my faith's on solid rock, I'm counting on God." Joy unspeakable. That is what I want. Counting on GOD. That is what I want. I want my faith to be on the solid rock--Jesus, and not myself. Too often I rely upon myself instead of surrendering to the Creator of All, Jesus.



I want to try to share a card and/or something I have made in each post. Today it is "Birthday Blessings" I made this to fit in a regular envelope, because I am cheap. I really like Stampin' UP!'s envelopes but they are about $.15 each instead of $.02 for these long ones from where ever. I do, however, use SU!'s envelopes for the majority of my 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 cards. I cut the "Birthday Blessings" out of Brilliant Blue, using the Cricut. Now that I have it out, I use it more. I also used the Big Shot and the Petals Aplenty Embossing Folder. I really like how it adds dimension to a project so easily.
Well, that should be enough rambling for one post. Hopefully I'll figure out how to move the card down to the part where I'm actually talking about it. But, not tonight. It is Wednesday so that means AWANA. I am a Chum Leader (3-4 grade girls).
Looking forward to hearing what you think.
Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment