Sunday, February 21, 2010

Still Rolling


Yep, I still have more cards made from the same paper. I'll put them all in this post and hopefully move on to a different color scheme tomorrow. We'll see, as we're supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow overnight and tomorrow so I'll be out snowblowing regularly if the weather people are correct. What a job to have. Where else can you be so vague and WRONG so often and still have people believe what you say? More than that, they still have a job! Oh well. Just goes to show that only GOD knows all. We can try all we want but the final outcome is still in HIS hands and not ours. For that, I am truly grateful. Now they say only up to 6 inches of snow. It started out 7-10 inches. Stay tuned and we'll find out tomorrow what REALLY happens.






On to the cards. I ussed Sketch Challenge 38 as the inspiration for each of these cards. This paper lent it self to making 2 cards right away because the Designer Paper is only one sided--that is how old this is paper is! Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" paper of each color and then cut it into pieces. I cut at 1 1/2" from each end for my sizing. I added some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the flower from retired stamp set "Tags and More" that I colored with markers before I stamped it.














I used the retired stamp set "Flutter By" for the next one. I stamped it in versamark and and used Heat and Stick Powder before applying some purple glitter from an old Glitter Stack. Used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to add some texture. Also brought out my Barely Banana Ink pad. Can't say I use that color very often.










My last card uses the flower from "Simple Friendship" that I colored with my old metalic pencils. I'm kind of bummed that SU! doesn't sell them anymore, as they add just a little shimmer. I also embossed the Lovely Lilac using the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder. The middle flower is popped up on dimensionals. My inspiration for this card came from
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ sketch challenge 40.
General stuff I used for all the cards:
Stamps: Tags and More (retired), Flutter By (retired), Simple Friendship
Ink: Basic Black, VersaMark, Barely Banana, Always Artichoke, Lovely Lilac Marker, Mellow Moss Marker
Paper: Pastel Prints DP, Lovely Lilac, Barely Banana, Whisper White, Lavender Lace, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Brads, Dimensionals, Metalic pencils, Heat & Stick Powder, Glitter Stack, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Scallop circle punch.
Until next time,
Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment